Publiée le 10 / 08 / 2018
Expérience souhaitée : Plus de 15 ans
Niveau d'études souhaité : Bac +5 et plus
At Capgemini Consulting, we live and breathe digital and data! With over 3600 Consultants around the world, we help our clients unleash the power of innovation and capture new opportunities by unlocking the challenges of their transformation.
Supported by the massive infrastructures and resources of the Capgemini group and its 190 thousands employees - one of the world's leading technology company - we've designed a unique ecosystem of talented individuals to accelerate digital and data driven solutions.
In fact, we strongly believe that cracking the data problem for our clients is not limited to building a POC or a feasibility study on a predictive model. It's about harnessing the complete data value chain. From incubating new business models to the industrialization of MVPs, we lead our clients in the design and implementation of their digital strategy in a "fail fast, succeed even faster" experimentation mode.
Are you ready to join « the insighters », the core data team of our vibrant community of Hybrid Data Consultants, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Cloud Architects, DevOps Engineers, Full Stack Developers & UX designers? Are you willing to tackle real-world decision-driven data problems? Search no more and apply for this exciting position!
Your Future Role
There is no typical day at Capgemini Consulting, and we wouldn't have it any other way. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a close-knit team working on data-driven end-to-end projects, from setting up the data strategy to make it live, and your agenda will be very much dependent on your current mission and on the client's needs, exclusively driven by your ability to make an impact in this ever-changing environment.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will be to:
- Map your client's business needs with existing data sources, both internal & external
- Design and implement secure data acquisition and integration strategies
- Set-up state-of-the-art data repositories in distributed environments either on premise or in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Build data pipelines to collect, transform and process data in collaboration with data scientists to meet the requirements of advanced analytics data modeling
- Abide by your client's data governance practices to apply relevant security guidelines and treat data in alignment with its restriction level
Internally, you'll be expected to:
- Invest on a weekly basis dedicated innovation time to work on proprietary data science assets
- Participate in business development activities, like responding to digital and data-related requests for proposal
- Gather business intelligence on the data ecosystem
- Structure and share your knowledge in the form of training modules for internal upskilling purposes
- Participate in data events
At Capgemini Consulting, we nurture our most important asset: the human brain.
You are passionate about data and technology, graduated from a top tier school engineering school, majoring in Computer Science
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Data or Software Engineer working on data manipulation environments and ETL processes
- You have a strong business sense, allowing you to apprehend the client's needs
- You know how to translate a business problem into a data ecosystem
- You have solid programming skills (ideally R or Python)
- You're a SQL guru
- You know and use on a daily basis big data technologies including Hadoop, Spark, and non-relational data repositories (like NoSQL)
- You have an experience working on cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure). The knowledge of serverless environments is a plus.
- You have outstanding communication skills, with a strong ability to translate technical approaches into actionable insights for your client.
Furthermore, you are a team player, self-starter, enthusiastic, fluent in English, with an exceptional attention to details and a strong desire to put your open mindedness and your drive to the service of our clients.
Your unquenchable thirst for knowledge combined with your unparalleled analytical skills, will be a perfect fit for the insighters, where your will have a unique opportunity to prove your worth in a highly challenging environment by leveraging your results-oriented mind to deliver outstanding value for our clients.